As an exercise of meta on meta, The Decadent Review is looking for:
- Criticism of criticism essays (cultural, literary).
- Reviews of reviews (books, poetry, art).
- Poetry on poetry (classical, modern).
- Essays on essays (aesthetics, linguistics, semiotics).
To clarify, the submission call is for works based on existing works, or that lays on top of them as a literary superimposition.
Please explicitly name the underlying work.
Extra points for meta of meta of meta; that is, pieces that overlay (a conceptual meta) a work that is already a meta-work, or an ekphrasis of some sort, and so on.
As always, we value:
- Existential despair.
- Word (.docx).
- 12pt font.
- Use spaces, not tabs, to format stanzas.
- Do not use the ruler to format stanzas, use spaces.
- Do not count on page width to format stanzas, use explicit new lines.
- Single spaced.
- One article per author.